Fall Try-Out Dates Announced
2018-2019 marks Iowa Prep’s sixth season on the club basketball scene. Known primarily for our ability to develop players of all ability levels, 75% of Iowa Prep Alumni have moved on to play college athletics. Whether 10U or 17U, you’ll learn the value of being PROCESS DRIVEN in your quest to become the best athlete and citizen you can possibly be.
The Iowa Prep Way
- Core values: Integrity, Passion, Humility, Tenacity & Fortitude
- Equip athletes to lead
- Enhance individual skills that produce team success
- foster a “process over outcome” mentality
- Emphasize small details that empower finite success
- Develop the “whole” athlete in PREP for the next level
- Provide exposure opportunities
Our Teams, Our Seasons
- Girls & boys teams in 10U (4th) – 17U (11th) divisions
- A and B teams in most divisions
- Fall season (mid-October thru mid-February) for 10U-14U
- Spring season (late March thru mid-July) for 10U – 17U
- Quality Practices
- Personal Skill Training
- Classroom Sessions
- Player Evaluations
- Uniform, Bag, Warm-Up
- NCSA Recruiting
GameOn 380 Courts and Sportsplex in Hiawatha, IA is the new home of Iowa Prep Basketball. This facility opened in fall of 2017, The Sportsplex houses 2 full-size basketball courts along with turf area. Set to be completed in July 2018, The Courts house three full-size hardwood courts with large lobby and mezzanine.
FALL TRY-out dates announced
Saturday, August 8th / 3rd – 6th Grade Girls / 9:00 AM-Noon.
Saturday, August 8th / 2nd – 6th Grade Boys / 1:00PM-4:00PM.
Saturday, August 15th / 7th – 8th Grade Girls / 9:00 AM-Noon.
Saturday, August 15th / 7th – 8th Grade Boys / 1:00PM-4:00PM.
Sunday, August 16th / 15U – 17U Girls / 1:00PM-4:00PM.
Sunday, August 16th / 15U – 17U Boys / 5:00PM-8:00PM.
Monday, August 17th / Make-Ups for Boys and Girls / 6:30 PM-8:30 PM.
Covid-19 update :
TNT5/ Iowa Prep have reopened the facility at 50% capacity.
We are offering personal skill training sessions both within our facility and in your home town. Sign up using this link: http://tnt5basketball.com/clinicians/
We have worked diligently the last several weeks, assessing options internally and gathering feed back from the CDC and IDPH web-sites and other club directors. Current Iowa Prep families are asked to continue to check their email for more detailed information regarding changes in the 2020 season. Practice and tournament schedules are up to date and available now for you to review.
We are continuing to ask for all Iowa Prep families to remain flexible this Summer. We will continue to do our best to monitor the constantly changing suggestions of the CDC and IDPH in an effort to provide the safest best experience for all.
As always, the line of communication remains open. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
TNT5/ Iowa Prep Staff
- M.S.- Sports Management, USSA
- B.A.- Education, Wartburg College
- 28 years of basketball coaching and training experience.
- 8 seasons Asst. Men’s Basketball Coach at Luther College.
- 3 seasons as Head Coach at Saint Mary College (KS).
- 4 seasons as Head Coach at Dakota State University (SD).
- 2001 NAIA National Tournament Appearance (Sweet 16).
- M.S.- Leadership, Mt. Mercy University
- B.A.- Criminal Justice (Juvenile), Mt. Mercy University
- 11 years of basketball coaching and training experience.
- 5 seasons Asst. Men’s and Women’s Basketball Coach at Mt. Mercy University.
- 3 seasons as a Varsity Asst. Coach at the high school level.
- 5 seasons as an Iowa Prep Coach / 4 years as a TNT5 Clinician.
- 4 years as a player at Mt. Mercy University (2 National Tournament appearances).
- Husband to Emily Misener, Father to Sully Briggs Misener