2018-2019 marks Iowa Prep’s sixth season on the club basketball scene. Known primarily for our ability to develop players of all ability levels, 75% of Iowa Prep Alumni have moved on to play college athletics. Whether 10U or 17U, you’ll learn the value of being PROCESS DRIVEN in your quest to become the best athlete and citizen you can possibly be.
The Iowa Prep Way
- Core values: Integrity, Passion, Humility, Tenacity & Fortitude
- Equip athletes to lead
- Enhance individual skills that produce team success
- foster a “process over outcome” mentality
- Emphasize small details that empower finite success
- Develop the “whole” athlete in PREP for the next level
- Provide exposure opportunities
Official Statement from TNT5/Iowa Prep
TNT5/ Iowa Prep has suspended ALL activities including personal skill training sessions through April 12, 2020.
We have worked diligently this week, assessing options internally and gathering feed back from the CDC and IDPH web-sites and other club directors. Based on the information we currently have, the 2020 spring/summer season will begin the week of April 13. Current Iowa Prep families are asked to check their e-mail March 19 for more detailed information regarding changes in the 2020 season. Up to date practice and tournament schedules will be posted no later than the end of the day for you to review.
During this time, we ask all Iowa Prep families to be flexible. We will continue to do our best to monitor the constantly changing suggestions of the CDC and IDPH in an effort to provide the safest best experience for all.
As always, the line of communication remains open. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
TNT5/ Iowa Prep Staff
Our Teams, Our Seasons
- Girls & boys teams in 10U (4th) – 17U (11th) divisions
- A and B teams in most divisions
- Fall season (mid-October thru mid-February) for 10U-14U
- Spring season (late March thru mid-July) for 10U – 17U
- Quality Practices
- Personal Skill Training
- Classroom Sessions
- Player Evaluations
- Uniform, Bag, Warm-Up
- NCSA Recruiting
GameOn 380 Courts and Sportsplex in Hiawatha, IA is the new home of Iowa Prep Basketball. This facility opened in fall of 2017, The Sportsplex houses 2 full-size basketball courts along with turf area. Set to be completed in July 2018, The Courts house three full-size hardwood courts with large lobby and mezzanine.
Iowa Prep Founder/Director
- M.S.- Sports Management, USSA
- B.A.- Education, Wartburg College
- 28 years of basketball coaching and training experience.
- Eight seasons Asst. Men’s Basketball Coach at Luther College.
- Three seasons as Head Coach at Saint Mary College (KS).
- Four seasons as Head Coach at Dakota State University (SD).
- 2001 NAIA National Tournament Appearance (Sweet 16).